Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Green Sweet Home...

Salam to all...

Like most of the us...we are going back to our hometown during this 'Idul Fitr. We will striving in whatever means and capacity as long as we can reach our hometown before Hari Raya. And as for me...I'm driving with my sweetie co-pilot and one little sweetie passenger...all the way from KL to KT, eastern part of Peninsular.

We took off at 9 am, through peaceful LPT highway...exit at Jabor and went through the green view of palm oil plantations along the way of Jabor - Jerangau. As a law abiding citizen, driving according to the speed limit is quite sleepy, especially in the afternoon, but thanks God there is no traffic congestion along my journey so we managed to arrive at Green Home before 3 pm, with one pit stop (but no as quick as Ferrari's Massa during the Singapore F1 last Sunday...hehehe) to help the petrol pump operator as well as for my little sweetie having her light lunch.

I arrived at a 10th places out of 13 of us...followed by my little brother at 4 pm (by plane from KLIA), and my sister from Dungun at 6 pm whereas another sister will come back tomorrow.

As usual...just before arriving my Green Home, it is like a routine for me to have a sight to my childhood green football field (where Rosdi Talib, Subri Sulung, Zulharisham Awang, Hairuddin Omar and few others were born), but now being completely transformed to a bushes by a greedy local contractor. With some bulks of allocation from the government, they supposed to improve our field, but they turned it otherwise...so, no more football boot for me during "balik kampung". Positive thinking? I "have" to come home with a golf set, to keep enjoying green view at Tuanku Mizan Golf Club in Kuala Ibai or Kuala Terengganu Golf Club in my neighbouring Gong Badak.

The 1st thing that I'm eager to do is heading to Sixth Stone Avenue or better known as "Pasor Batu Nang" to the locals. This is the heaven for me to choose variety of local delicacies which are not found in KL (or could be found but taste differently). This time I have "Rojok Kateh" (it is one of the famous Fear Factor Challenge - eating cow's ear, nose etc.) and Rojok Betik (shredded papaya, pineapple and cucumber with a sweet hot fishy gravy). Aiman Amani may have her own idea about this delicacies. Hemmm...like our local saying..."kena semangkuk, nenggok ahh" to express the real satisfaction.

Another routine for me is having a cup of tea (cups of it actually) with few good friends during my primary school life at night after Tarawikh. From sports, politics, business as well as vacations are well-discussed. But this time, short of one forumer as Mr. TMUTM are "being forced" to celebrate 'Idul Fitr at his wife's in Ipoh and will only come back to us on the 2nd of Syawal. So, with Mr. AY, Mr. AFY and Mr. AHHAR, the chats still on and hot, as usual especially regarding political matters, of course.

Tonight, as all the 13 are together again, there will a BBQ, with a "war-like" moments to the kids, having their fireworks and fire crackers.

I put a dot with that, and I'll update about it in the next posting....

"Selamat Hari Raya 'Idul Fitr, Maaf Zahir dan Batin"

Wassalam,
GreenMalay
Syawal 1429H

2 comments:

MnM said...

selamat ari raya...

betul ke mung ikut speed limit tuh.. heheheh :D

Safe Journey , Bro..

perantau.tt said...

bro.. salam aidilfitri for u n family.. dah kumpul duit nak mai sini lum? hehe