Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ramadhan Buffet and Another Golfing Session...

Salam to all...

Well...today we are already on the 11th day of our Ramadhan this year...and we are now on the 2nd portion of a month (to achieve marghfirah or "keampunan"). Alhamdulillah for me personally everything went smoothly so far.

Worrait...talking about the "iftar" or fast breaking session, it is now become a common scenario especially in Klang Valley for the restaurants or hotels to compete among themselves with their offer for the Ramadhan Buffet. From traditional to modern delicacies, from eastern foods to the western one...of course at different price for the different quality.

As for me, so sorry to say that I don't even bother about those things. I'm fasting in my own traditional way. However, as to fulfill my daughter's request (or you may read it as her mother's actually), a whole of my family (as big as 3 of us) and our maid went to Nelayan Restaurant at Titiwangsa yesterday to have a steamboat buffet. During peak hours, with the heavily congested traffic, we managed to reach there by 6.15pm. Thinking of it's still early, I plan to bring my little daughter for a walk but my sweetie said it is better for us to register and have a good chat at the table...

As expected, a bunch of hungry people are already seeking their "fortune" to have their "paid food". Can you imagine they all look like a group of piranha waiting for their victims to be served. In simple Malay words..."sampai udang, habis udang, sampai ketam, habis ketam..." I mean the process of transferring the food from the counter to the tables are very fast...and it is just 6.30pm. Hello people...are you dying? Come on...it is just an eight hour session for our fasting period, and it is a buffet, yet you are going to have the foods like crazy? Haiyya...

Immediately after that, I start to mumbling to my sweetie (as usual) about the "tragedy". Thinking of that, it seems that the attitude of selfishness and greedy in Malaysia are well adapted. The spirit of Ramadhan are left far away behind. Why not we just eat properly, and think a little bit about our brothers and sisters somewhere around the globe? In positive way of thinking, under current leadership...the economy in the country is still good kot (based on observation at the restaurant la)...hahaha...I put a dot for that...you may go to my sweetie's blog for some pictures.

Enough about food and hungry people...let's talk about sports. Yes, I'm going to have a great time to appreciate great green environment with Mr. STR at Seri Selangor Golf Club this morning. Yeeehaaa...and I'll update about it in my next posting.

By the way, I heard that England team managed to beat Croatia with 4-1. Please don't get me wrong, yes I'm still a "Frenchman", but I'm quite happy with England result since my Gunners player Theo Walcott got their hattrick. Bravo Walcott!!!

Worrait...now I'm going to take a bath, and happily cruising to Seri Selangor Golf Club for teeing off at 8.00am.

Wassalam,
GreenMalay

6 comments:

Aiman Amani said...

Dear Greenmalay,

My dad prefers to 'berbuka' at home too. In fact he would say no all to the iftar invitation (both in hotels or private homes).
I just can't imagine people started hunting for food at the buffet table as early as 6.30. Guess it is a real bad example for kids...
I wrote about special iftar treats in Ramadhan.

http://aimanamani.wordpress.com/2008/09/10/trengganu-ramadhan-treats/

and also a post on Bubur Lambuk Kampung Baru.

http://aimanamani.wordpress.com/2008/09/07/bubur-lambuk-kampung-baru/

Btw, my 5 years old little brother Ahmad Ali has started blogging.He wrote and typed his posts himself. Please visit his blog when you have the time.

http://ahmadalikarim.wordpress.com

nuruliz said...

Well, it was sure a terrible experience. Didn't we always had bad experience there? Hem...tak memberi pengajaran pun kan

Green Malay said...

Thanks Amani for your comments...

Anyway...I've read both of your latest postings...and will visit Ali's blog...wow...maybe he's the youngest in this blogsphere I guess...

GreenMalay

Green Malay said...

Dear sweetie...

It's okey dear...maybe next time we just go to the ala carte type of restaurants...just pay for what you really want to eat...and no need to strive for the foods...

~ayoi~ said...

Ramadhan Buffet and orang buruk lantak are the most common phenomenon during the month of Ramadhan. People will swarmed the foods as if there's no 2moro. Kalau abis, bagus la, kalau tak abis, membazir. With the mindset, "I wanna utilize what I paid" tu jadi mcm tu. Sama2 la kita ambik iktibar, wahai sahabat...

Hang mmg otai golf dah ni. Jgn nak merendah diri lagi... Hehehex

Green Malay said...

Wokey ayoi...

aku tunggu hang balik...kita buleh turun padang sekali...heheh...